Friday, July 31, 2009

Honey Pecan Chicken Salad




A round of applause for our guest blogger today, can't wait to try this recipe she recommends!

Krerica:
I have eaten lots and lots of chicken in it's many forms over the last 19 years...no, I'm not a food critic nor am I an executive in a major corporation...I am a military spouse.:)

This is by far my absolute favorite chicken salad recipe!!! You cannot go wrong with this. For special occasions put the salad inside a puff pastry or between a croissant...so yuummy!


Honey Pecan Chicken Salad Serves 6-8

1 cup Mayo

1/2 cup relish

2 Tbs. Minced Onion

1 Tbs. honey

1 1/2 Tbs. sugar

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. white pepper

3/4 cup chopped celery

3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped

1 1/2 lbs. chopped cooked chicken (4 cups)

Combine Mayo, relish, onion, honey, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Stir in celery & pecans. Fold in the chicken. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Chill, covered.

2 comments:

Thank you, I love your comments!